Sunday, September 11, 2011

Exercising

Funny. The Organization which I work for - the Oregon Conference of Seventh-day Adventists - is trying to get us healthy and is giving us financial incentives to do so. Great news for me, since I already exercise every day. My wife and I go for a walk almost every day of 3.5-5.5 miles. But in order to help us, they gave us a digital pedometer. Curious as to how well it worked, I tested it against my iPhone's GPS. With the settings all accurate, I've worn the pedometer to track every step I take during the day since Thursday morning. Thursday I walked almost 12 miles. Friday almost 11. Saturday almost 8, and today, almost 8. That's a lot of miles! Sure it helped that we were having a convention on the campus of Walla Walla University and walked across campus all day long.... But still.

Add to what I now see I'm walking each day, is that my son and daughter and I have been swimming 5 days a week. That's about 2 aerobic miles a day (we're swimming less than 2 actual miles), and then I'm also doing some weight conditioning training for my shoulders and arms and I feel tired! Whew!

But in actuality it feels very good. My diet while eating at the college cafeteria was less than stellar. Now with that over, I'm ready to deal with the Forks over Knives diet again. We bought the movie a few weeks back and watched it again. Great job!

I feel armed and ready now. Let's go get 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment